Sunday 27 April 2008

Sweaty Works

Today should have been Chest, Shoulders, Tri's and Core's (my big session) but I couldn't face going to the gym. Instead I opted for joining Nat at the works.
My forearms were very sore from the previous day (you can tell you've had a little while off if you get sore forearms). Down the works I warmed up then did the new orange circuit on the training board and had a bit of a chat/rest before getting stuck in to some of the problems on the comp wall. Yellow jugs, green holds with big moves etc. One quick go on the red saw me fairly high but I don't have enough in me to do the last 3rd, my fingers were aching too so I left it at just the one go. Tried the black and quickly found out that my arms and core are both fairly weak. Green up the steep bit: went well but I couldn't bring myself to pull for the last move and instead wussed out. Didn't really do a lot after that apart from follow Nat about and try problem 5 on the yellow circuit, all that managed to do was separate my crimping nail.
I think I'll be sore tomorrow and after two back days its definitely time for some chest. My efforts in the gym are obviously paying off, Saltbeef commented as did James Blay (who unfortunately got a kicking in town last night and was a bit worse for wear)...
The works is getting hot, not long left before it will be dire in there, Time for the fans? maybe time for the foundry!

My various injuries felt ok ish throughout today, my back seems a bit tight now and some things still make my hand ache but both of those things are improving. I've been trying to figure out how long it'll be until i'm strong again but really I haven't a clue what "strong" or on form is, without the constant that is the 50 deg board I'm a bit lost.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.