Tuesday 22 April 2008

A little bit of everything...

I've got my appointment tomorrow, not really sure what to expect I half feel like i'm wasting their time but then again I was getting back pain and something showed up on an X-ray, I guess if its nothing I'll get told that tomorrow and then i'll be happy. I'm hoping thats what will happen anyway, its been over two months now since the accident bones heal within that kind of time frame.
Work is slow and boring, I've got a lot of literature to sift through which isn't what I enjoy. I'm not good at it. On a (slightly geeky) note I checked the stats on my modeling machine, 10 GB of RAM, 4 2 duo core processors, no wonder its quick.
I went down the works with Nat (as requested) at the weekend and was pleasantly surprised at how she had improved. There's a blue problem opposite the pull-up bar, sloper, sloper, jug, sloper top. Most people just squeeze or reach but she couldn't do that and the session before had worked out a very Brad Pit esque heel sequence which wasn't quite working however all of the things she was doing to get her heel up etc. showed really good technique and that she is starting to improve in that way rather than just the beginner "Oh sh*t I should have had my other foot on that" mistakes.
We need to book a holiday soon, climbing is out so somewhere nice and hot. It'll be hard to beat the Maldives trip we took a year or so ago both in experience and price (we couldn't book until my frame came off, this made for a great last minute deal). Haven't a clue where to go, somewhere nice and not to many people, then maybe, just maybe I'll be able to get to the Frankenjura near the end of our summer, or alternatively just tag along wherever Ricky ends up going. It's been far too long since I went on a trip with him...Good times.
The gym is going well, god knows if I've actually managed to put any muscle on but I'm definitely stronger. I know this because I'm lifting, pressing and pulling heavier weights.
I read a worrying statistic the other day, if you can bench 15% more (or less) than you can pull (e.g. a maximum weight pull-up) then you're at the highest possible risk of sustaining a shoulder injury. Not really rocket science is it, just look at all the climbers with damaged shoulders.
Well I can nearly bench my measly bodyweight and can do a power pull with that weight added!!! I'm scr*wed.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.