Tuesday 15 April 2008

No real progression.

Nothing from the Docs or Hospital, I've tried chasing it up but as I expected I haven't got very far, supposedly things like this get ranked in order of importance before you get an appointment, it currently hasn't even got that far. I thought my GP was being a bit optimistic expecting me to have heard back by them within 3 working days!
Last weekend was great, Friday night was the rising sun and curry house for Dense's birthday. Saturday was free (slightly suspect) burgers + watching a comp. The new format that the works decided upon meant that by the final everybody was absolutely trashed. Smitton won which was good, he deserved it and was climbing much better than the other two. The rightful winner came through in the girls although scary anorexic chick (supposedly the BMC won't let her compete in anything a.t.m. because of this [thats just gossip] ) wasn't too far behind. I must say her ascent of the red problem was one of the most disgusting pieces of climbing I've ever seen, no strength no power, sinew and bone narrowly scraping an ascent.

The gym is going well, i decided that my back hasn't caused me any problems whilst lifting so all I intend to do is avoid targeting my lower back. I've just decided on a routine, 2day split, push and pull, it doesn't mean I train each body part more but I can be a bit more specific.

Push - Chest, Shoulders, Tri's (+core):
Bench Press
Incline Dumbell Press
Shoulder Press
Behind the Neck Press
Tricep Split Pushdowns
Cable Crossover Laterals
Leg Raises
Crunches
Medicine Ball Twists
(potentially add cable crunches and reverse crunches as well at some point or maybe substitute them in)

Pull - Back, Biceps, Traps:
Lat Pull Down
Close Grip Pull Down
Cable Row
Bicep Curls
Upright Row
+swimming

They don't take that long to complete, the push session takes a bit longer but I can't really split my core otherwise it won't get any rest between sessions. The above for 6 weeks, 6 days on should keep me occupied, when I'm not doing that I'm working pretty hard which is good because as soon as I can climb I'm likely to neglect my work heavily.
Comments are more than welcome on the workouts, I'm not sure if I'm missing anything other than lower back and obviously the lower half of my body.

As always the blogosphere is expanding (and getting quite snazzy I might add), keith seems to have a new improved blog as does James. Even the Pear has had a makeover and is back up and running!

2 comments:

dobbin said...

what's James blog addy beast?

Paul Bennett said...

http://jamespearsonclimbing.blogspot.com/

i must have forgotten to click save changes. Fool.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.