Friday 4 April 2008

Sore Iron

My chest and triceps were suffering from a bad case of DOMS yesterday. My gym mission was therefore altered to be primarily about my back,biceps and shoulders:

Heavy Lat Pull Downs
Close Grip Pull Downs
Cable Row
Deadlift
Dumbell Curls
Cable Curls
Seated Dumbell Shoulder Press
Barbell Behind the Neck Press

Followed by a brief swim to really finish things off. I meant to do cable crunches but forgot.

My doctor called around 5.30 this afternoon with some more great news. I'd had a bit of early morning back pain and the same when dropping off at the works (from up high)..I went for an X-ray about a week ago and despite everyone wanting to x-ray my right tib (read past the 1st page for god's sake) after a little while it was finally done. The doc called tonight and told me that I've got a transverse fracture of one of my lower vertebrae, he's referred me to the fracture clinic once more and was pretty concerned about what sport I'd been getting up to (he doesn't want me to do anymore weights, or climbing) and that if i didn't have an appointment by Wednesday I was to call him. Yippee, another injury, just what I dreamed of. Thanks to Darlington Memorial Hospital for missing that (surely its harder to see now than it was two months ago?), I bet yesterdays dead lifting session was a really f*cking smart idea given the potential consequences of bad form on a lift. Jesus christ.

I'm thoroughly p*ssed off right now (if you can't tell that).

Rant over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bloody hell!! Was about to message you saying I'm back in Shef and keen to head to greens, and then I read this! How long do you reckon it'l be before you're training again?

Paul Bennett said...

I sat around in a bit of a mood about the call on fri night and then went for a swim on Saturday before hitting the weights again on Monday. I'm not going to dessist, its been 2 months so surely anything will have fused by now anyway. I've dropped from quite high onto it and also done deadlift. Now I won't be doing either of those things until I know more but if i'm ok to day to day things I can't see why the hell my arms etc. can't be working. You're not a member are you? I've got a free day's entry for 4 people so if i get your address etc I can fill one of those in. I'm going tomorrow at around 3.
Still doing a pretty all round program one day off one day on, want to split chest, shoulder, arms, back, abs into a two day (or possibly three day) split but can't seem to pair them up so my tri's won't be lagging. Any thoughts?

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.