Wednesday 23 April 2008

Full Bill of Health

Buses confused me so this morning was inevitably very confusing. Firstly locating the correct bus stop then locating the direction I wanted to go in and then finding the right bus. Tricky but I managed it.
I'm always impressed by the Northern General, you don't seem to spend ages waiting about like most places.
Sat down, young doctor came in and asked me a lot of questions about my hand so I pointed out (politely) that it was my back that was the issue (this time) as she managed to spill all of my previous x-rays all over the floor (there are a lot in that file now!). Ah. No x-rays from the Hallamshire (faulty towers seemed to be what they were calling it). She disappeared and Royston appeared a few minutes later, he's a right character but seems nice enough to me. As I was a student and wasn't in a rush (he did ask) he took full advantage of my x-ray (that he'd found) as a teaching case.
I won't repeat everything, basically one of my vertebrae has been squished at the front. It's therefore no longer rectangular ish its definitely a trapezoid. Alignment is good and its stable, i.e. I'm not incontinent and can still walk! He then proceeded to explain about two different spinal models, two column and three column models that both showed that my back isn't going to drop to bits. On the bad side of things he said that I WILL experience pain with it and he can't really say for how long however it is extremely unlikely that I can cause damage. Beer was recommended as a good solution.
I surprised myself whilst being examined when asked to touch my toes: I actually managed. You hear that Vicky, Zips and everyone else who took the p*ss so much!!!

4 comments:

Fiend said...

Well done on negotiating the buses ;).

Glad to hear the back is stable.

Unknown said...

fucking awesome. touching toes i mean.

Paul Bennett said...

What I dont understand is why it cost more to get there than it did to get back?

The toes thing IS fucking awesome, no stretching, voila flexible, I think i'll see if this trend continues. I bumped into Ned and gave a demnonstation, many laughs were had that it was in fact due to some kind of spinal shortening!

lore said...

they may have charged your added happiness!!!
good news i'm happy to hear that!!!

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.