Wednesday 4 February 2009

Where's jerry?


Today when my copy of the "New Testament" still hadn't arrived I got in touch with Cofe who was very aplogetic and was going to drop a new copy around straight away, he just needed to confirm where I live..

Paul B
9 Holberry....what the f*ck?

Well it turns out that somehow Paypal has managed to authorise a card payment from me using the wrong address, an old one but still my card hasn't been reg'd there for quite some time. Now its not as if I typed the address into the delivery field here but I guess I have to accept that its my cock up and try my best to sort it out.
This afternoon I wandered up to try and get it. Knocking on the door of my former grotty student house got me no answer. All of the curtains were drawn. After 5 mins I walked off to the corner shop to purchase a pen and leave a note. At this point I noticed the curtains twitching so I marched back and had another bang on the door. 5 mins later a small indian women opened the door about 3mm. I tried to explain the issue but it wasn't going too well until she recognized the word "book", at that time she repeated "book, book" at me amongst a lot of garbage which I managed to extract the phrases "my son", "at work", "back at 11" not necessarily in that order. So, the book came. Not addressed to them but nevertheless the wide reaching inspiration that is jerry obviously captivated her son who is now enjoying a signed copy at my expense whilst bored at work.
I'll be going back at 11, something tells me that its not going to be straightforward.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.