Thursday 19 February 2009

Back once again...

Count it... 3 times in one week at the works.

I was meant to go out today initially with Ben but he managed to assemble a team of about 6 to go and try one of the most conditions dependant problems there is. It looked a lot less appealing despite the list of good company, after all, the main idea is to try the problem. A few minutes after pondering the possibilities a text arrived from Vic, desperately searching for someone to accompany her to Eastwood for a full day out. That sounded more like it, there's a couple of things I'd like to try there, one project which would be a lot easier if I had a couple more inches (I'm sure that's been said before), James' thing; Westwood, which is now harder due to hold breakage I was going to see if I could climb into the press method like Ned suggested.
Anyway; when Nat awoke she told me I wouldn't be going anywhere today. Grey and missly was how she described the view from our flat. Damn and blast! Vic confirmed her thoughts on the matter via another txt and again when she arrived at work. Later on tonight I found we made the right decision, Scouse had ventured to Eastwood and EVERY hold on the traverse was wet, wet, wet.
The backup plan was the Beastmaker but Nat was climbing with peeps tonight so it seemed sensible to join her. I was a bit wary of two days on, especially on the board but it went well. I climbed my Mono problem on both sides and I 'think' its reasonably hard. I don't understand 1a-5a though so I can't really comment. I came up with a crimpy number as well with the added miniature dowels at the top of the board. Being the first to pull on them (or so I imagine as there was zero chalk up there) the first few goes landed me in a crumpled heap in Bennett corner. Any takers? I'm also now convinced that the works BM is easier than mine. A quick look at the panel suggests it might be on a slight slab... Someone (Dan?) has added some Beastmaker wooden logo's to the board just above some footholds. They look good but lead to unnecessary boot rubber mince-age if you're slightly in-accurate when clicking off.

Rest tomorrow and work hard. Fri try again to get out. Sat morning very early raid. Rest of weekend deal with her family. Nice dinner.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.