Tuesday 30 October 2007

Lots of Climbing

Lot of climbing to report since last blog. Friday night was spent on the board with a large crowd. Keith looking very strong on Feel the Pinch which he WILL tick pretty quickly i'm sure. Had a couple of goes on stuey, keith pointed out that the guide is incorrect and hence my foot sequence isn't allowed. I change but still persist on adding foot faff that was just removed by last sequence. Ponce around a bit on some other problems, feeling fairly good but to be honest i'd hope for more. Eliminate foot faff and have a few goes on stuey, each one being better than the last until that first move (now a litte more powerful) had me sapped. Did a few other things then left.
On checking the forecast for the weekend late that night we decided saturday was looking the best, most of you know, it wasn't. We got to the stride at around 10am managed to find a couple of easy slabs that were dry for Nat to play on. We then wandered over to cratcliffe and I proceeded to make my digits bleed trying wet problems. A quick check of the top boulders (wet), before we headed back to the works. By this time I was knackered I simply don't ever do two days on. Sunday; Rest, and the weather looked much better so I sit and curse the weatherman. One of my freinds from uni is in the peak and stayed over to try and climb on monday.
Monday: We (Me and James Blay) went out to plantation, walking up we got soaked despite the sky being completely cloud free (que more cursing of the weatherman). NTBTA, the Storm, Brad Pit, all soaked. We head over to the pebble area and play around on Deliverance, I was pleased to find the traverse into the flake absoloutely piss showing my footwork to have improved drastically. We both had a few decent goes on this and then I did several laps of the full green traverse (because I like it and all the eliminates I know on it).
My folks stopped in for lunch that day on the way back from visiting my uncle. James borrowed (my only) set of flat keys to go and remove his gear from his car. Minutes later my phone rang, the fool had managed to lock my keys and HIS, in the boot of his old volvo..He asked if I had any experience of braking into cars, which I dont. Despite this I grabbed my toolkit and went down to his aid. A bit of pondering went on between us, james' rage showing through as he was eyeing up which window to smash/punch out. Anyway: crimp the top of the door, flat edged screwdriver in to create small gap, another driver in the side gap. Next an extra long zip tie was fastened to leave a small loop and a long tail, feed this down the side of the door and hook it onto the central locking pin. Pull tight, pull upwards and we're in. Not a mark on the car either. Very fun. Volvo 440's aren't exactly secure then, it took around 15s.
In the evening myself and masonic dave went up the board. I had a few more goes on stuey (as ever) but I was far from psyched for it. As Dave was trying (and succesffuly climbed) Turd Reich, I left him to it rather than sweat up the pinch. Instead I did a load of stuff on the cressbrook board, including uncle crimpy guts and my own problem, both of which fealt like a path. I did a bit on the 30 deg board afterwards but my finger started to feel a bit crunchy. Bench press then home.
I'm quite impressed with the amount of climbing I have managed over the last few days.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.