Monday 8 October 2007

Lacklustre...

Well a week passed by with me trying my best to nurse my finger back to full strength unfortunately to no avail. The annoying thing is I don't have a clue what is wrong with it, its not the usual ring finger crimping demon injury its the index finger and it doesnt really bother me when i'm climbing (i'm just very aware that a previous irritation on a finger got significantly worse because I tried to convince myself it didn't exist). Using my nail to prod the bottom pulley (probably a bad idea) I can't find any one point that is particularly sore, slightly to one side an area is a bit tender but it seems likely thats it been caused by all the testing. Open handing doesn't hurt, crimping doesnt seem to either and my last two sessions where I tried to take it easy ended up with me on red's with no problem during or after apart from something feeling a bit weird with the finger (no pain). Maybe its some kind of crush injury caused by my last attempt on stuey? or maybe a ligament sprain caused by pinching too hard too early in a session (again on stuey...), I really don't want it to get worse but conversely I dont want to take time off uncessesarily...Anyone got any ideas? I've checked climbinginjuries.com and initially thought it was a sprain but now i'm less than certain...
On friday I had my first go at teaching, I felt like a bit of a fraud as I know very little more than them on the subject of the module however the session went by without any major hiccups, however everyone taking it seemed to be ill, I woke up on saturday with little more than a sore throat but by the looks of it Nat has managed to catch the whole lot off me, she wasn't in the best mood today before work for that reason.
Right better do some (more) reading, I'm guessing I shouldn't train this evening but I desperately want to find out what is really up with this finger and what it can cope with...
Oh Top Gear returned this weekend, very unimpressed by it. The cars seem to become less and less of a focus, although I have to admit I did like the look of the roads around magic wood and the boy racer styling of the Golf GTI 640 (very clio V6 esque, Andi_E speaks sense)...

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.