Sunday 21 October 2007

Catch Up Blog...

Bascially after my finger stopped hurting I had a session down the works, I tried to take it easy but failed miserably, that, and taking my tape off mid session left me with a very sore finger the next morning. After sulking a bit and posting on UKB I went to the works when 'The Clinic' offer a free consulation period (and cheap treatment). Rick had a prod a twist etc. of my finger and then told me that it was probably a ligament strain, he gave it a bit of deep friction massage and told me to tape a lot and climb trying not to aggrivate it. Ice after climbing and deep friction massage every couple of days. He also said that pulling hard wasn't ruled out and as long as it doesnt hurt then i'm ok. On that note I had a session today, a bit of an odd one as Nat's brother is down and for some reason she wanted him to try climbing. Now just to be clear he isnt the type of person that would usually come to climb, you all know the type. In the end I just got on with my session and left them to it. A long warm up, no pain so I progressed to harder and harder problems, got on the grey problem on the comp wall and dropped it on the final moves, damnm. My finger started to get a little sore so i re-tightened the tape and tried again, no problem. After a bit I called it quits and warmed down, no soreness at all, RESULT! Next session i shall be mostly be climbing on THE board. The new black circuit was begining to emerge and my first impression weren't good, the steep steep bit of wall where the hanging slab was is now littered with humungus holds, ruining the best red problem and probably leaving it a bit cr*p for all future hard problems.
Watched the rugby this evening, disapointing result but a good game and a good impovement over the tournament, hopefully Lewis Hamilton will give us a win tomorrow to make up for it but I doubt it, too much pressure?
Dobbin emailed me the last edition of the school guides for editing and re-binding through free university facilities so expect a few changes, get any projects/new problems written down (legibly if possible) and i'll do my best to stick them in.
Its very late now an all thats on is twister. Damn you coca cola.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.