Monday 5 November 2007

Lot's more climbing!!!

I can't really remember what I did last week in terms of training, all I remember is that I rather foolishly decided not to tape on wednesday as my finger was feeling fine. The session went really well. I remembered some absoloute classics. Ben you have to get on these which I later added to the guide. The next day my finger rebelled and I sat there nursing it slightly pissed off.
Nat has started hassling me to take her out on the grit as she enjoyed font so much, and the previous weekend so when Saturday came we got up early and headed for the Burbage South boulders hoping that our early start would prevent us meeting hoards of university beginners. We parked at the fox house to get a little wet and see a hanging mist in the valley. Higgar wasn't visible. A quick phonecall to lee found the lazy git asleep, dobbin was up but still in Sheffield (thanks for your later text about conditions out near stoney). The stone wall that you cross on the way to BBG south was dry ish so we decided to wander in. The cioch is an amazing bit of rock and it looked as if someone had recently been on captain invincible, a seriously good line (and hard apparently).
As we got to the boulders the mist blew away and the sun came out. Nat and I climbed to mid afternoon. She did really well at BBG, it has got to be one of the best places to take someone to learn how to smear etc on grit (indeed perfect for my lack of footwork skill). I did a nice little problem (1 move(r)) called tiger which hurt my finger. I tried a problem on the other side which jump starts, put my right leg against the wall, pushed hard, collapse on mate cradling my leg. OUCH so it can't do that anymore...It wasn't long before we were getting hungry so we set off for the little john in hathersage for a stupidly large lunch.
On Sunday we went to the roaches (rumours have it that it's also good for beginners), the spring boulders we're surrounded by marsh land so we sacked that idea off and went to the boulders nearer the lower tier. Both of us did a few easy things before Nat's sking gave in. Rather than persist we headed back to Sheffield in time to catch her folks on the way past for lunch.
A really good weekend and this whole getting your girlfriend to climb thing seems to be paying off with me spending more time on rock over the last two weeks than I can remember (when not on holiday).
I'm currently doing some CFD stuff which is pretty challenging and trying to decide whether my finger is ready for the board. I think so but I cannot be bothered to walk!

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.