Friday 13 July 2007

Works again.

Went down to the works again, the first thing I noticed was how busy it was, sam was repainting the slabs, the inner 'room' and the surrounding boards, this meant about half of the wall was unmatted and unusable, a tear was being fixed below the stepped boards and on the back wall as well.
A lot of areas out of action, wet weather and a lot of people led to one very busy wall.
I ended up on the comp wall but wasn't climbing that well (realistically i was climbing just as well as previously, I was trying harder things), I warmed up then tried the pink problem out through the roof of the comp wall, was doing ok but didn't have the commitment to take the swing just in case I landed funny. After this I tried the crimpy pink up the barrel section, usually this would be just my thing but I couldn't seem to do the transfer between sidepulls... By this point I was in a bit of a mood, I absoloutely hate trying to get on problems when there are loads of people about, especially people who are blatently not getting anywhere at all.
After a while I calmed down, did the yellow's from last session and some really pleasant black problems. Think i've overdone the works a bit and need a change of scene, it fits in well with my plan to visit the board next session anyway.
If i was going to rate today's session I reckon it would be about a 5/10.....
The weather is looking sh*t at the minute and I overheard that Graves Park and the Marquee/Mat's aren't doing too well in all the rain, could be a mud-bath by tomorrow.
Plan to head over to North Wales next weekend and get the tour from Doyle but again this is weather dependant, i've never really bouldered in NW, just too drawn by LPT to ever bother with a pad.
Nat's off to florida so i've got to fill up 2.5 weeks with as much climbing as humanly possible.

On another note bumped in to Andy Koisch (can't spell his name) down the works, he's always a laugh to climb with and it's always interesting to hear stuff from 'back in the day', he was climbing with jasper sharpe which reminded me of something he said to me last winter when chatting to him about the school he said something like:

"When we were all climbing at the school (probably all climbing F8c as well) we all thought we were really strong putting in big egyptian's on tiny holds up this steep board, then we went to Jasper's board, he was climbing toe on, we realised just what power really is."

Sorry about the discontinuity of the post and gay little (seemingly name dropping, that's not good) tale above....

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.