Saturday 21 July 2007

Update

Thursday was graduation, I went from undergraduate to being a graduant to being a graduate all in one day... Went ok, posing for photos and stuff is never fun. It's the first time Nat's folks and mine had met, all went smoothly. Snook off at aroun 5.30 to get a quick session up at the school before the publicity stunt thing (picture in previous post).
The session was rushed but good I guess, did schoolboy again and then did pego, was going to go for total recoil but I didn't have it in me. Went outside to join the photo stunt to find Nic on the top of the schoolroom and various other people up drainpipes. I joined the group of artists on the floor. I had intended to go back in but after a bit of chat I decided it was a bit daft and headed off to the evening meal.
Friday morning came, Nat left with her folks to florida for 3 weeks. Went to Broomhill and had lunch with my folks and a family friend who is currently being treated at Weston Park, given the circumstances he seemed in a good mood and didn't look frail or anything.
Got up this morning with nothing to do so watched Ronin (I haven't got enough films to keep me going for 3 weeks without getting bored), then had lunch and headed up the board. Decided to walk it as that's what I usually do. The leg was feeling very akward and tight until I got through town then it loosened up. Got to the board as Rich H was leaving, re-arranged all of the pads as i'm now very fussy about landings, kicked up all the dust. B*gger. Warmed up Ok, gave flash it a miss incase it triggered the dodgey finger. Did the gift although not 1st time and I struggled. Then moved on to driller killer, couldn't do the last move due to leg but fairly happy with the effort, finger was feeling a little sore so I taped it then did a couple more easy problems before moving over onto the 15 deg board. Didn't manage to get up the problems I tried and kepy shooting off holds, ran out of chalk and my bad skin was meaning I was greasing everything up. Decided to call it a day and walked down to planetfear to buy chalk. No superchalk just moon stuff. Ok, headed over to Decathlon, nope none there either, where can I buy it? the moon stuff just isn't as good. Walked home by this time I was absoloutely knackered. I'm now looking for a good stretching routine, I havent got a lot planned in this 3 weeks now ( i'm going to head over to Europe when Nat gets back for 3-5 weeks instead) so I need something to kill a bit of time. I've never liked stretching so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

dobbin said...

I actually prefer it to superchalk, which I cant use because it nails my skin. I have super dry hard skin, which sounds great but it just cracks and splits.

Paul Bennett said...

Yeah fair enough...If you try a problem after me though you'll realise why I need superchalk.
Finished the session last time after shooting off the 15 deg board backwards numerous times! I ended up with the same amount of padding that usually gets used for the 50!
Nearly ended up leaving for Magic Today but to get all my stuff together quick enough (incl a stop off for my passport) it would be far too much. Nat wants to try font so when she's back its a mini euro trip for us.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.