Sunday 15 July 2007

The Magic School Boy...

After a bit of a lackluster session last time at the works I was set on heading up to the board, I even avoided mucking around yesterday in the pull-up competition as I wanted to get a feel for how strong/weak I really am after all this time off.
Got out of bed (lunch time), sorted to meet Ned and Dense at the board. Got a phonecall from ned, he'd got overkeen and arrived early. Went up, chatted to Ned, let dense in, Dylan turned up not too much later.
Here we go:
Chalk and blow x 2 normal seq. - Fine
Chalk and blow x 2 reverse handed - Fine
Basic Bannisters variation - Fine apart from I struggled to remember it
Whatever it is Flag women's way - Fine
Basic Jez - Fully locked, feeling STRANG!
Flash It! - My sequence, completely locking the last move. Fine.
Basic Knitwear - Nope, did the start moves, foot popped, changed to Dragons. Did the start move much easier, foot up high on the pinch, couldn't get my calf to move at all, shame but it was due to my leg and nothing else.
Decided to change my plan and try Schoolboy. Pulled on, the pinch seemed a long way away but I seemed to get it just, quick snatch into the traingular pinch, dab foot on undercut, blast out to the bannsiter, foot up and lock for Glory - Nice!
Point Dylan at Driller Killer, what an awesome problem.
Next up tried my party piece - Discology, couldn't do the pop after the cross through, again due to leg a little bit but mainly by this point due to being seriously powered out. Move to the 15 deg board, try Uncle Crimpy Guts but my fingers just don't feel quite ready.
Warm down and head to the works to give Nat a spot. She managed to get up the yellow/green thing up the curved board, got high praise for her progress by a few people which is always encouraging, she's doing well.
Dense, Ned, Foley and Jim are heading off to the land of magic grades. Must say i'm tempted to pack the car and do a 3 week europe trip while Nat's away, slightly worried about gate crashing though although some other people are out there too, Pearson seemed keen on the idea but has to think about how much it'll cost and chat to em, he said he'd get back to me so hopefully I might have the makings of a trip...

My forearms feel sore, I think i'm going to try and use my compex on them later....Wonder how that'll work out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

should've come beast its ace. gimme a call if you're heading up the board?

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.