Tuesday 10 July 2007

Concession...

Right, a while ago over on Dob's blog there was a question raised about the main difference between climbers who work and train and those that don't work or are students. I'll have to concede (although I was dubious at the time), that the main difference is indeed rest. After just starting again with what I thought was a relatively gentle re-introduction (in retrospect I think I may have done a little too much 'volume'), I have been absoloutely knackered and haven't really been up at a decent hour since (taking around 12 hours sleep a night), which would obviously be impossible if you had a life to go alongside your job, or wanted to train at all!

Thankfully I can't feel any pain in my fingers today (apart from my trashed skin), although a few do feel very achey. Is this normal?
One thing is for certain - the easy circuits have got absoloutely massive holds, the intermediate circuits have some really dirty crimps and pockets, the step up must be really tricky for a beginner.
I think my next session has got to be an easier one.. or at least shorter.

1 comment:

dobbin said...

Muhahahahahahahah I told you! yes your fingers will ache after a long off period. Wouldnt worry too much about it, its the stretching and twisting and general knuckle battering. Glad you are back in full fettle.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.