Thursday 29 March 2007

Disappointment

Well today was my second visit to see the consultant. Unfortunately he was worried about the triangular shaped fragment (which the pin came out of last time) moving if he was to dinamize the frame, that means another six weeks before seeing him again and then another two after (and that’s if he chooses to dinamize then which isn't guaranteed). That means that the earliest I can have my frame off is May the 24th and that seems a hell of a long time away. God knows how long after that it'll be before I can climb again, let alone climb to the level I was previously...Maybe I'll be walking by graduation?

I tried not to get my hopes up to much as I knew this might happen however i'm still fairly gutted...and damn bored.

He also re-tensioned one of my lower wires which was another procedure involving spanners and a fair amount of discomfort.

2 comments:

lore said...

paul, youre young.
dont rush things while recovering from such a hard accident.
think at long term: you want to be able to pull hard for the rest of your life, dont you? so, be patient for a few more weeks, the benefits will help you!!!

nibile.

Paul Bennett said...

yeah I know, I really don't want them to loosen it and then have it break again because then your right back where you started.
Just, from what they said last time, I thought things were going better than normal...
The frames starting to be a pain for normal day to day things like sleeping and showering....thats not helping.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.