Wednesday 4 April 2007

Group Therapy

Today was the first group physiotherapy session for people with fixators on. I went expecting the average age to be around 70 after looking at the people in the waiting room last time but it wasn't too bad. Everything went fine, I'm told that the motion in my ankle and foot is about as good as it gets and anything else I get after this will be a bonus, I think its fairly similar to my other foot so that’s fine. Another bloke was there who has had the frame on for a similar amount of time, he was still heavily on his crutches which I guess illustrates the good progress I was told about however it still seems an awfully long time until my next check-up and the possibility of having it removed.
I also found out today that there is an extra 6 week period after the frame is removed where you have to be bloody careful, this means no running, falling and therefore climbing, that puts me in mid July before I can start training again fully!!!
I ordered a Compex EMS machine after chatting to some people in the know, if it turns out to be a pile of.... then it'll go on Ebay, if not maybe it will help me retain some strength whilst i'm doing less. After testing it briefly over the weekend I can tell you one thing; they're certainly not painless and I'm nowhere near setting 460 that Ru suggested I should be aiming for.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.