Tuesday 10 April 2007

Progress...

Progress with the leg has been reasonably good over the last week or so (after it recovered from the knock I gave it). I can now 'walk' without my crutch although I still trail it for those moments where my balance gives in or I am confronted by a step...tricky things these. One of the pins is being a pain and leaking/bleeding an awful lot but that’s just that.


Progress with the van hasn't been as good. One problem with the VW scene is there are a lot of people who like pictures of shiny vehicles; therefore my inbox has been inundated with people basically wasting time. As well as this my Dad had two real time wasters who's maximum budget was around 50% of the asking price, I don't go to view cars I cant afford it just plain rude. Today I thought it was going to sell, a family came up from Cambridge and spent a good few hours asking questions and looking over the bus, unfortunately they decided not to go for it. Funnily enough they said if it hadn't of had the small sill hole (cost of repair £200) they would of been willing to pay £1500 more! This has left me a tad frustrated, people don't seem to appreciate that these vehicles require ongoing maintenance; the chances are if you find one you think doesn't need any you just haven't looked in the right places. Never mind there are more people viewing at the weekend and the odd genuine person phoning up in between. Found a nice bug on Vzi, it runs the quarter mile in an easy 16s (18's equates to cars with a 0-60 of around 9.5s) so this thing is quick!

Maybe if someone buys the van quick enough I can get myself that lil' hotrod for when the scaffolding comes off my leg...

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.