Wednesday 21 March 2007

Bad News

Got a text on Saturday telling me Steve Dunning had fallen off a project up at Crookrise and broken his leg and ankle. I hadn't spoken to him since I left for Uni, prior to that I often talked to him at Kilnsey (mainly about either his Lancia Delta Intergrale, or the day that my my mini cut out majorly after a days climbing on the Bowderstone), I thought given my current situation it would be a good time to chat and offer any useful information I had.




(My previous vehicle: Mini Cooper Sport - I don't think i will ever see a better example of this model of car it was immaculate and very entertaining on the backroads around and about N.Yorkshire)


Spoke to Steve on Sunday: It sounded like quite an uncomfortable experience crawling up to the top (as his spotter couldn't carry him) until someone else they phoned arrived and they managed to construct a kind of 'seat' using a brush stick and some other junk. However it seems that in some respect he's been pretty lucky as he suffered no displacement and is looking at around 6 weeks in cast. Turns out he was planning a round the world trip and just quit his job and sold his car! It seems planning any kind of major trip should currently come with a health warning!

2 comments:

bonjoy said...

Shit, all my fingers are cross and i'm touching wood.

Paul Bennett said...

I was going to say "Bonjoy look out" but I thought it would be like putting a black spot on your palm.
Went up the school last night to do some weights as the gym was closed, those holds are looking awfully small already!!!
I'm not too sure about the woodology replacement hold, seems a lot smaller and very slick....

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.