Wednesday 14 March 2007

Progress Report

This weekend, Nat and I visited my parents, we managed to set of earlier than expected and caught my Dad just before he jetted off to go skiing for the second time this season. We had a relaxing weekend, visiting the gym and eating very well. On Tues we returned via Leeds where Nat had a job interview. She's been offered the job but seems unsure about the commute to Leeds, (she's also been offered the same job in York but the commute still seems long).
It seems as though since the last physio appointment I haven't really been pushing myself very hard at all therefore I vowed to only use one crutch whenever necessary and every gym visit now finishes with a dismaying 'learn to walk with no support' session. I've managed to re-create all of the exercises the physio had me doing which means I can stretch out my ankle a lot more (although this isn't too much fun as the wires cut tracks or 'Cheese-wire' as they put it in my info pack). I can walk very short distances unaided, but it’s not a graceful affair.
I need to maintain the intensity of loading the leg as much as possible if I’m to have progressed enough for them to loosen the frame in a little over two weeks time.

4 comments:

dobbin said...

Mate, tell her that I have commuted to Leeds for 6 years now and depending where in leeds you have to get to its not so bad. It also very much depends what time you have to go. For instance, I leave sheffield at 0630 every morning and am at my desk by 0730. I then leave to come home between 1530 and 1630. This puts me at the board (or whereever) by 1630/1730.

If her job is in town she should get the train - you guys live in town at the moment right? so she could walk to the station and then train it up to leeds and walk at the other end? I work out of town in leeds and live on the edge of the peak in sheffield, so it would mean bus, train, train, bus if I were public transport, and at least 2hrs. My drive is usually around an hr. Less in summer, more in winter!

Paul Bennett said...

cheers,
there was a guy in the office who commutes from sheffield and he said train to the office is a nightmare. It's in headingly, if that helps and the boss did say he prefers people to start early then leave early.

dobbin said...

Headingley would be a nightmare to be fair. You would have to get a bus out of town to get out to headingly on arrival - its feasible but wouldnt be fun. Alternatively driving would take 45 mins when the schools are off - 1hr20 leading up to xmas and leaving at peak time! The deciding factor should be whether she wants the job of course, rather than the logistics of getting there! I would also want to understand what arrangement there is for onsite parking?

Paul Bennett said...

car park underneath the offices and the street just off it has no parking restrictions and it seems pretty empty.
Cheers for all of the info, she has the offer of the same job at either York or Leeds, don't know what she's favouring or thinking about doing.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.