Sunday 25 March 2007

C.W.I.M.B.

Yesterday I headed over to the works to watch the first ever C.W.I.M.B. (Climbing works international masters bouldering comp). I got there in time to watch the end of the men’s qualifiers.
After this bit finished I did some pull ups and footless traversing on the skips, carefully. Unfortunately that care was short lived and stepping down from the mat I put all my weight through my bad leg. Ouch once again! I got that instant feeling of being boiling hot once again and made it outside for some fresh air. After a few minutes sat on the tarmac I tried standing up, that was mistake no. 2, instantly started feeling very dizzy and very weak, back down to the tarmac (still conscious happily), after this Nat took me home and I stocked up on food. Needless to say I wasn't too happy at this point. I couldn’t load the frame anywhere near as much as the morning so I rung the hospital who assured me that its pretty damn difficult to re-break anything in these frames.
Later we returned to watch the women’s final (with two crutches and no weight passing through the leg whatsoever). Sabine Bachar took a well deserved win looking much stronger than the rest of the female finalists. The problems looked good too.
Next up was the men's final, Tyler came out last after qualifying first and to be honest looked a cut above the rest and inhumanly strong, with amazing technique as well (demonstrated on the slab that I believe only Ryan flashed as well?), unfortunately he ran out of steam (got very angry?) on problem 4 and Ryan sneaked in to win it.
I went home after this with plans to eat and then head out to the party however my leg was still sore and after a quick phone call to Jon (a.k.a UKB's very own fatdoc) I went to bed to rest it...
This morning it feels marginally better but not amazing. I just hope its returned to how it was before Thursday as I really don't want this avoidable mistake to influence what action is taken with the frame.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.