Thursday 14 May 2009

D.I.Y.

The board is dead! Two days to build, another to put the holds on yet only 4 hours to completely remove it. Just because a board will physically fit in a flat, don't imagine that it won't get in the way. The rest of the place rapidly turned into a dumping ground, it had to go! (Plus everything we recently signed to do with the Mortgage suggested a big heap of wood in your flat was a No-No).

So, after re-hurting myself I'm taking it easy for a while, I thought I might be able to go to Swiss with Dob and the rest of them but unfortunately not. A little gutting I have to be honest.
As the spare room is now empty and I'm not doing much in terms of exercise, Nat and I have seized the opportunity to actually make the board room into a useful room. The amount of effort required to do so is ridiculous and I'm not looking forward to it. However, not having a spare moment to think at the minute makes the whole non-climbing thing unimportant.

Last Friday Nat had a bombshell dropped on her by her boss "Sooo Natalie, how do you fancy working from Libya"... Nice! Now she's actually been given the information about the job it doesn't seem bad but seeing as though Friday was my birthday and her boss wanted an answer on the Monday we weren't too pleased.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Libya...?
Sounds like an opportunity not to be missed.

How's your rehab going? Shame about Magic.

Paul Bennett said...

I've done f*ck all since going to the works last week...
Well thats a lie, I've dismantled, saw'ed up and got rid of the board. Sold the holds and got rid of all our study furniture in order to start re-decorating the room.
Tonight I've sanded all of the wood down, masked off the area and given each wall a coat of paint (two colours).
Tomorrow will be the second then Sat is a van mission to pick up new furniture and then I have to build it.
I've made some home-cherry vodka and destroyed most of a keg of Jaipur and I now have some Farmers Blonde to rip through.
Exercise will re-commence when i actually have a spare minute.
I'm not sure about climbing, I know some people think you can train around, or climb through any finger injury but this one is getting worse not better. Even when I'm careful. I have to admit to being fairly fed up with injury, I thought I was getting closer to something I wanted but in reality it'll be another summer spent nursing my injuries rather than pushing myself. *Self Pity*

Paul Bennett said...

oh, she's agreed to Libya, its 2-3 weeks at a time over 3 months so completely different to what was presented initially.
Sorry if all of this is a little ill written. Jaipur is hitting me hard.

Dieselryder said...

climb on big big jugs Paul, get fit and do some rutes with big big holds no it, like Rodellar´s style, for example.
The easiest way is always to give up.
8bPaul, COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Bennett said...

Unai, holding a screwdriver hurts my hand enough that Nat had to remove all of the stubborn screws from our board!

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.