Thursday 28 May 2009

Breakthrough

Tonight was a definitely a 'breakthrough' session.

The works was very hot, it’s getting to that point of the year when all the glass in the building starts being a problem, this happens twice a year. Once where you freeze your nads off trying to climb, and secondly, where even shirts off for power can't stop the sweat from pouring down your forearms.

Nat and I started on the browns but I quickly became bored, they're a good set. The new pink tufa problem on the comp wall was pretty funky as well; all of the bobbles were a bit of a pain with two fingers taped together so I didn't bother trying too hard. Dave M was down taking the adult improvers class and Nat decided she could probably learn something from him instead of me just telling her to lock it deeper. I climbed on the board with James and Rich but quickly realized that it wasn't big or clever and that really, it’s pointless trying. A quick hang from the Beastmaker confirmed that I should have definitely gone for the 1000 and that I can back 3 and front 3 but mid 2 (and I'm guessing) back 2, are still out.

Tonight I made 3 variable ice packs by filling sandwich bags with washing up liquid and freezing them. They only partially freeze and stay gel-like which is good for using on finger injuries. Plus, as Dan points out on the BM Blog, you don't suffer from bath skin. With my already terrible skin this is a definite bonus.

The fact that Dave thought I seemed to be going well tonight gave me some perspective and is maybe one of the main reasons that I'm being so positive about it. I ticked a few yellows that had been bugging me and came painfully close to another red. It’s a hard one, on the steepest section of the inner 'room'. I think it would have been ticked if I'd dared to slap for the small edge up high. Common sense kicked in as the chance of my fingers opening up on it was quite high, I backed off.

Today Nat and I decided to get our diets back in order. Recently with being quite busy we've been taking the easy option a lot and not cooking as much. Couple that with a lot of birthdays in quick succession and the accompanying meals and we've indulged a bit too much. I haven't changed weight or anything I just don't like it, plus whilst not 100% focused on climbing I can concentrate that side of myself towards leaning out. For no particular reason just that sick self belief that I know I can eat 'clean'.

Work is going well; I'm making breakthroughs there too. I'm back up to 4 working licenses and I've resolved some issues I've been having.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.