Thursday 5 March 2009

Wales boyo!

Well the CWIF is this weekend. I was quite psyched that once I'd finished my degree I could get back to doing comps (they were always in my exam time and then when I was broken) but that psych has long since faded as the comps have changed from the days in which Malc was king and Holdz were the height of designer resin. Now its all giant swinging balls and triangular weirdness. Each to their own I suppose. I'm thinking team beastmaker 'might' just make a big impression especially after Neds session tonight.
Nat and I haven't been out climbing recently, we've been tired, busy and then building. This weekend we decided to do something different; WALES! I've hardly bouldered in Wales, what I mean by that is that whilst LPT has been drying off I've done a little bit in the cave and that's that. The weather isn't perfect but I figure having a meal in Pete's eats is a good enough tick regardless.

The plan looks like this:
fri night - drive over to Pete's
Sat morn - drive to Porth Ysgo, get Nat ticking Jawbreaker, she'll love that. Do the classics
Sun morn - the pass, sheep pen looks good.
Sun aft - the weather looks questionable, I'll do what I can, maybe the mill if its really bad, hopefully Doyle will be around to give me a pointing tour in the evening.

Today I presented in front of a large number of people who I deem to be brighter than me. To top it off I had to present a brief summary of the work that had gone before my PhD topic. The people that carried out that work were in the audience making it even harder. I thought it went badly but I was told otherwise, the Q&A session at the end went well. I crushed that. For some therapy I spent a fair portion of the afternoon screwing on a large number of holds, the board is looking really good now, some more wood and a small scattering of jibs and it'll be good to go!
Motherboard tonight (I hate the name, supposedly Dave M hates the colour). Ned, Dan (ill), Stu L, Travs, James, Ben T, Dense and myself occupied the corner all evening. Everyone was looking strong, Ned and Stu especially so. I climbed well I think and I've got a fair few problems to work at now, I say problems but what I mean is Ned's 'moves'.

Another topic is grating in the back of my mind, I'm trying hard to let it go but I'm struggling...

Another Jaipur might kill it... or a honeydew perhaps.

4 comments:

dobbin said...

go on - let it all out!

Fiend said...

Yes....do we hear the itchings of another "controversial" topic?? It's all good though, reasoned opinions and stuff.

How was Wales??

Paul Bennett said...

no its not all good..

Yes, the weekend went well despite the weather taking the p*ss a little.

Dieselryder said...

Paul no prob with the camp. Check out my new campus at home. See you soon. nÂș2

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.