Friday 27 March 2009

Deck!

Things have changed and it might be possible for me to get out on Saturday morning, because of this last night (despite being absolutely disinterested with plastic) I eventually arrived at the Foundry.
I climbed well but a bit half heartedy. The current set of problems IMO are a bit poor. Many of them are tweaked older problems or have the same start as before etc. Its like doing the same problems over and over and gets boring. The new white thing was good but went down fairly quickly, the only other struggle was the wasp. It turned out I was missing a feature out but TBH its better and more basic (and harder) without.
Later I ended the session on the board, I did a few of my old things, a few of Carl's and fell off on Leo's. I was pretty chuffed to do the moves on Pinch 3 mind you, which is something that seemed so unfeasible just 6 months or so ago. Strong Ed arrived later on but by then I was too tired to try hard on his pinching problems.
Midway through the session I was stood beneath the wave chatting to Bentlegs about various stuff. We both fell silent after hearing an almighty thud from the lead wall. Everybody knows what that sound means and to be facing out from the wave whilst it happened wasn't nice. God knows what caused it but from about 6 clips up on the wall just left of the main overhang some poor sod had decked, completely. His belayer was hysterical and in absolute bits. He, thankfully got up unscathed, a real tribute to the matting that is underneath these walls!
Rae Cowie (sp?) casually walked past me later on that evening and (in a very dry tone) said "you should learn to land like that"... and then later on "at least he didn't scream like you". It made me chuckle but morbidely curious about what she knew. Turned out she was the only person to see me screw myself up and not only had it nearly made her sick on the spot it had stayed with her...sorry about that.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.