Wednesday 2 January 2008

1st Post of the New Year

Since the last post I haven't really done anything that can't be summarised as either
a) eating or
b) drinking (far too much, I don't think I drove anywhere for nigh on 10 days)

Christmas was spent at Natalie's parents. No exercise, nothing vaguely requiring energy.
We came back to Sheffield the Sunday after and continued to do nothing. We went to the cinema early on new years eve to see I am legend, it's OK but it seems to me that every creature/thing is portrayed the same nowadays and overdone just a little too much for my liking. The Mustang Gt500 at the start of the film was very smart even if again that scene was a bit overdone and boyish:


Yesterday boredom set in and I finally summoned the energy to get up of my arse and do something.
The usual rings session followed, the warm-up exercise (skin the cats) felt abnormally hard and un-stylish but after these I got back into the groove and was happy. I used the assistance set up that Dave and I put up for the muscle ups with 5kg, this allowed me to do 3x5...
I'm wondering whether my current lack of enthusiasm for anything climbing is to do with having a bit of a crap time with injuries of late or whether or not I've fallen into a bit of a training rut? Maybe its time to get out of the 1 day on 1 day off system that I use and try something different...I think it needs a bit more thought and anyway I'm doing rings with Dave tomorrow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

merry new year beast. i imagine its the lack of climbing that is doing it. i feel the same currently. all i do is fingerboard and weights or pull ups and i've now got my turbo trainer, thing is its difficult to train if you can't see any point in it. i reckon the best plan would be make a list of things you wanna do and get fucking psyched. i can't be bothered! but i am gonna do some pull ups, and core work once i've finished these questions and i'm gona piss my neighbours off watching a film whilst cycling later!

Paul Bennett said...

Cheers beefus although i'm not sure thats it, the lack of psyche has been present for a while now (last christmas ish).
Hows your ankle, and is there no blog of foley to keep you entertained?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Unknown said...

my blog would be tedious in the extreme. got up hobbled about did questions on the computer whilst drinking tea, hung on fingerbored, lay on girlfriend, etc!

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.