Thursday 20 December 2007

The Dream Machine

I can't remember which training sessions i last 'blogged' about so i'll start from Friday. Nobody else wanted to train, I went up the board feeling less than psyched. After warming up I seemed to summon some motivation from somewhere and went to have the best rings session yet. Lots of shouting was involved as there was nobody to laugh at me, it was still nowhere near as good as keith's ranting when he fails on things.
My family visited on Saturday (Dad's Birthday), Natalie and I finished off our Christmas shopping and then we went to Thyme, the place is amazing, all of the alcohol from the rising sun and the pre-meal mulled wine went straight to my head.
Sunday: Ned, Dave and I did rings.
Monday: I did the blue circuit down the works (whoever set this obviously has a heel fetish!). My finger felt as though it might react badly to climbing again for the first five problems but after that I didn't really feel it at all. The next day there was zero swelling which is a relief, i'm going to make sure to get back to it gently and not cause myself some other injury in the process.
Tues: Very sore....Visit B&Q and the Foundry for odds n sods
Wed: Rings with a difference... My odds n sod's were tied together to create a 'Dream Machine' (it gives weighted assistance to you in the rings! Referred to as a dream machine by gymnasts as you can do exercises that you can only dream of). Said contraption is in the bag with the rings, simply chuck it all out, slip the 2nd pulley over the beam at the other end of the roof and your ready to go!
After warming up Dave and I tried the iron cross with a fair amount of assistance (20 kg, which is 30% for dave and 35% for me)...
It's worth noting at this stage we are only trying to learn the correct form!
Dave:

Myself:

All in all not a bad effort, I think the rings needed to be higher for dave and my elbows needed to start of straighter although I was happy with the end result.
Finished the session well with 2 sets of 2 non left biased muscle ups.
Works again tonight....

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.