Wednesday 23 January 2008

Testing 1, 2, 3

I viewed last nights session as a test, if my fingers prohibited me from pulling or I felt any pain whatsoever whilst bearing down I'd pretty much settled on taking a break from climbing. Not just for my injuries but for a few other reasons as well. It's hard to approach a session like that positively and I must of sounded like a right miserable sod to Jon and Joe who were up there (training to Bob Dylan!).
Warming up the finger didn't feel good so I took a long time over it. I didn't do much more than chalk and blow for a good half an hour. After that I progressed through my normal warm up until I was faced with Basic Jez, the first problem I really pull on in any given session. It was fine. After a few more warmups I decided I should properly test my fingers and got involved on the 30 deg board and Cressbrook board where Joe and Jon were attempting one of the hardest 7b's in the school. I did uncle crimpy guts, micro machine, turn the hold please (without turning the hold) without any trouble or pain then moved onto the 30' board. Joe pointed me at a problem I don't think i've done before (7b), it's good. I then remembered an amazing problem on there: Totally Sic System Bro, 7b+ what a problem! I fumbled 8a forgetting its a bit more slopey than I remembered but not to worry. I then pulled on to what I thought was the Pussy, did it and got down looking confused, it felt far too easy, not unsurprisingly as I'd got 4a instead of 4, there is a big difference, oh well.
At the end of the session I thought i'd give my circuit a quick blast as I made good progress in Saturdays session, I barely got half way through the first problem before sagging back onto the mats completely spent!

At least i'm not taking a break now.

I'm still struggling to vaguely convince anyone that MyProtein.co.uk is just as good quality as Rego, High5 and Maximuscle, despite being able to pretty much prove it as they have external lab certificates showing the quality of their ingredients, even the mixing is nonsense as they use industry standard mixers. Its as simple as this: if it has the same %age purity and it has the same chemical name, it IS the same. Anyway, no worries when my latest vat of cyclone runs out i'll have some cheap stuff instead. I just need to check my formula with someone more in the know to make sure its correct and isn't going to poison me. They've got a forum full of meat-heads that should be a good place to start.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.