Saturday 1 September 2007

...Basic Breakthroughs!

Trained on wednesday night with Doyle who was about doing his level 2. Instead of rambling on i'll keep it short, finally repeated Basic Knitwear which i've been struggling with since I started again, maybe I'm stronger or maybe it was better conditions who knows.
Yesterday Natalie and I went down the works, I didn't climb but was severely tempted the problems looked good and Dobbin recommended them as well. Instead of climbing I waited to train in the evening. Evening came and people dropped out of training like lemmings leaving me lacking psyche to go up the school all on my lonesome, instead I drove to the works. I spent about 5 minutes there before getting back in the car and going up the board. Session went well - ticked basic ben, easily as well, then went on to do a load more stuff around about that level. Uncle crimpy....is still evading me which is a bit annoying.
Glad to see some kind of improvement as before I left for Font I was beggining to fear a dreaded plateau. Weather looks good today, I think I should start taking more advantage of it and focus on getting back to full strength during the winter, but then again I hate off days outside, they just feel like such a waste so i'm not sure if its really worth it.
Went out briefly last night to the Harley (2 quid entry!) for em's leaving thingy but decided to call it a night when plug was 12 quid each to get in, some other people headed to DQ's. Dense spent the early evening recounting tales of Dawes on superman...

4 comments:

lore said...

what do the tales of dawes on superman tell???
Nibs

Paul Bennett said...

Dense (with Johhny Brown next to him) recounted tales of turning up at Crag X and watching a fat dawes almost doing superman. It was in response to what I said about not paying for a Dawes masterclass.

Anonymous said...

Which just suggests to me that you could pay for a man who could nearly do something quite hard, or just get someone who can actually do something quite hard.

dobbin said...

I wonder what 'almost doing superman' means actually? perhaps it means he hung from the starting holds, or that he felt the sidepull? or maybe it means he fell from the top on the flash? hmm.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.