Monday 17 September 2007

TasWAD and things...

It's been far too long since my last blog fairly SLACK of me given i haven't had a great deal on.

After spending too many sessions at the works I finally went back up the board and started having productive sessions, I had two good sessions one where Lee came and did weights (due to following ginger ned's advice and injuring himself). Both sessions I managed stuey in two hugely overlapping halves but by the time I had everything figured out the wooden pinch got overly warm and started spitting me off left right and center.
After the 1st session I took Nat to the works where we bumped into a guy (Callum white? a.k.a. TasWAD) who was over from Tasmania for the worlds (in spain), staying with Graeme before flying out. He seemed a decent bloke and was making light work of everything in the works so I invited him up the board so he could try some harder things. After warming up he promptly flashed Total Recoil/Pego (the harder one I can never remember which it is) and then Turd Reich. I was appropriately impressed so pointed him at Too fluffy to be hard... on the crux hump his foot stayed on the undercut.WTF? and he looked as if he was going to cruise it, unfortunately he failed going up to 45 and didn't make it up there again... I then pointed him at driller killer and basic ben, both of which he struggled with, however I was hugely impressed, he was only 17 as well...
The day after this I ended up at the works once again setting my "Signature" problem. I opted for something with small ish holds but not too hard, so it actually gets tried. Anyone done it? Dobbin? 7b? Nice/Ok/Shit? Fingers were feeling creaky the next day so I had a rest day. Nat's family arrived and we ate out (Clashed with the schoolroom meeting unfortunately) at the St.Pauls hotel in the city center, it was nice but afterwards drunken natalie took it upon herself to get her brother psyched up for clubbing, nice food and rubbish beer are not a good combination and I awoke on saturday feeling like a sack of sh*t, to be honest that feeling is still with me now. I trained again yesterday, expecting good conditions I went up to the board but it was really nasty up there, cold but slippy. After (finally) despatchng total recoil BB finish this session I tried stuey briefly and then went OLD SKOOL with power pulls. They're shit. My back hurts today but so does my neck and pelvis, if you get a decent amount of weight on that 'belt' of zippy's all that happen is that it tried to remove your legs when you stand up. Never again.
Natalie started work today in Wakefield and I went in to start the ball in motion for a module I have to Co-teach in the upcoming weeks....Scary stuff..

Oh and midweek Nat had her free photoshoot thing over in Manchester, here are a few:



(Will Dobbin's GQ shoot look similar I wonder?)

2 comments:

dobbin said...

I have done your problem. Thought it was not 7b, but not 7c either. Then again, I had got drunk with seb the night before and felt like un sac de merde.

How tall is your tasmanian?

I can only hope to look even half as good ;-)

Paul Bennett said...

'My' tasmanian was not overly tall but had a ridiculous wingspan, he kept saying throughout the board session how he prefers technical climbing and thats mostly was he does....That was until he confessed to his home board being 65 deg!!!
I'm starting to come around to your whole way of thinking regarding training and work, i'm not even working very hard and i'm knackered all the time.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.