Tuesday 28 August 2007

The Works - The School

Took Natalie to the works yesterday for her first session after our trip, was pretty amazed by the transformation in her footwork and all in all the general improvement. I didn't climb at the works, ended up chatting to dense quite a bit and discussing various party pieces on the campus board/ pinch rails.
The new painting at the works looks quite funky but each time I go in that place it seems to look less like a climbing wall and more like a modern art museum, with loads of bright colours and strange shapes (as well as a half complete window painting, wtf?).

The comp wall has been tinkered with leaving it a lot steeper but a pile of volumes waiting underneath it tend to suggest that it'll be ruined a.s.a.p, its not open yet due to a lack of structural steel. I am impresed that the guys down there are changing things about to make people happier but seriously, why not do something about a fixed board? I understand it will cost money etc. but its a request that I have heard a lot, the whole volume wall seems like a bit of self indulgence to me, fair enough I doubt it cost anywhere near the amount changing the fixed board might but still.....

Spoke to Mo (the sole user of the current fixed board) and he told me that it was soon to become a normal section of the wall just like the rest of it, with set problems etc.
The climbing Gnome was once again in residence looking strong but like a bit of a poser.
After Nat finished I got her to drop me off at the school, a mysterious package awaited Ben so I sent him a text and it didn't take long for him to pop in and investigate. The session started really well for me, came painfully close to Basic Ben but screwed up the last snatch of glory. Attempts rapidly went downhill so I took a concious decision to leave it and do easier problems that attacked weaknesses of mine, the gift with my finish for my weak stomach, driller killer as you have to concentrate all the time and finally schoolboy because by this time I was knackered and it is just pure power. Not a bad session I guess but progress is a little slower than I would have liked but thats always the case is it not? I finished with some bench press and then some press-ups (both of which I can feel this morning) in order to try and sort out the chest cracking/pains i've been having.
Going to head over to Nige's with Dense later for a look at their board.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.