Tuesday 7 April 2009

Tor-ment?

I've been to the tor a handful of times since my injury. Not to climb, simply to drive, spot and then drive some more. Nat's been trying too hard for mark leach and she's nearly done it, but the last move is seemingly a bit of a bogey move for her.
Last time (mon) we arrived to find the crag deserted apart from Tenacity No.2 sat underneath Ben's roof. He swore he was struggling and proceeded to prove that on the hard release move. By the time it was getting dark he threw together a link from move 2 until the end and cursed not doing the start.
Nat's attempts progressively got worse as the light faded which ended up in a tantrum and a quiet drive home.
Tonight we both went to the works, about 7 days to the hour from my injury. I managed to limit myself to the green circuit (many thanks to Ed who stopped me from entertaining the idea that I could do locks on the campus board as long as I was fully crimped!). The injury didn't feel too bad during the evening but then again everytime a hold required mid 2 I found some other way of using it to avoid weighting the finger. During the course of the evening it twinged once or twice when dragging some of the smaller holds, but nothing earth shattering. Arnica, Glucosamine and Chondroitin, Ibuprofen and a bag of frozen peas later there doesn't seem to be any more pain than before the evening commenced. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thur night we're off to my folks.
Fri - the county
Sat - the county
Sun - back to my folks
Mon - Slipstones, possibly?

I'd be psyched, but i'm injured so it'll be frustrating and really hard work to keep myself off things that I've been wanting to try (/finish off) for ages!

4 comments:

Jasper said...

Fucking hell man take it easy! Treat it gently and Spain might not be a write off. The County will still be there when you get back.

Paul Bennett said...

yes yes yes....

Fiend said...

Also there is a lot of exploration and stuff to do in the County, new crags, esoteric gems, etc etc. Highballs too but I guess that's not your bag. Nor is the great trad there...

bonjoy said...

Go and do A Northern Soul at Hepburn (short drive from Kyloe area). Possibly the best 7a in the UK. A bit highball but the landing is perfect. It won't hurt your finger at all and will leave a snile on your face.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.