Thursday 9 April 2009

Twatter

Again, I don't have Twatter but if I did:

  • Paul is wondering (after flicking through the Northumberland guidebook) why Sheffield seemed so appealing?
  • Paul is seriously abusing the recommended dose of Arnica capsules
  • Paul's finger isn't feeling too bad today, maybe due to the above
  • Paul will continue abusing the Arnica capsules, even if it is just for psychological benefits
  • Paul seriously misses the gym
  • @Dobbin - you're gay
  • Maybe I secretly desire to have a Twatter account?

Tenacity No. 2 pointed out that the best thing he ever did for his climbing was taking up surfing, hence not climbing as much and having something to do when injured. He also runs. I'm in awe of how the hell he fits it in. I'm not interested in surfing, well, not in this country! BUT and I think it is a big BUT, I think I could enjoy morbidly torturing myself on a road bike slogging my way around the Peak, my main concerns are that:

A) Someone WILL run me over
B) It's darn expensive
C) Someone will steal whatever I buy
D) I'll spend less time working than I currently do (which I cannot afford)

The cheaper option of running is out due to the impact on my sparrow leg. I could kill the gym cravings and the expense of the bike with one stone but I've never been one to sit on an aerobic machine indoors it just seems silly (well during the summer anyway).

The weekend plans remain unchanged but instead of me dictating where we go I've let Nat (with some nudging I admit) pick the destinations, that way I can just bimble around on anything that looks easy enough not to injure me further. Outdoors, I think its a lot harder to warm up effectively and control what you pull on. Holds are uneven, things are deceptively hard etc. hence I'll have to be extra careful.

Foley, I gave you the low down earlier, I'll be watching out to see what sauce is in your shaker!

Anyway that'll do, thoughts on a postcard...

1 comment:

Fiend said...

Thoughts?

I totally agree with the last two of your bullet points.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.