Thursday 18 September 2008

Arghhh!

Well the other day I though was going to be a good day, I opened the mail to find one of my nsi bonds had won £50 quid. Not a bad start. Later that night, beavering away at my latest (late) report I could smell burning, not toast, nor bad cooking but electrical components. A frantic search around the flat led me to the router which was HOT, one minute later it let out a small puff of smoke so I turned it off. It won't turn back on!.
As I rely quite heavily on it for work I went out that day and bought an almost identical replacement and as you might have guessed from the recent UKB thread I haven't had much luck with that one either.
Today I took it back and was told that he wouldn't refund it and would 'test' it to see if it was indeed faulty. This p*ssed me off but I said ok. He phoned a few hours ago and told me that its fine, he's had it connected (a whopping 1m away) but not sent or recieved any data through it, just let it sit there connected. He then stated that there is no problem and hence no refund. I tried to stay polite and the upshot of it is that he'll test it a bit more (probably about as thoroughly as he has done so far). Now i'm left feeling slightly aggrivated by this, i've never taken anything back before that's needed testing in this way so why now? Is this really acceptable, I don't really see how as he has a vested interest in the item in question being ok. I haven't a clue where to take this from now but I certainly won't be buying from them again.
Furthermore I recieved a letter from my holiday insureres (Snowcard - windsurfing) and they regretfully inform me that they won't cover my sunglasses that sunk because I didn't inform the police of the sinking within 24 hours. Has common sense evaporated from the minds of these people? After an akward pause on the phone where I challenged this brilliant logic they conceded that they would take a written statement from the rep, who incidentally now happens to own an extra two sets of half jacket lenses. I'm sure he won't be hard to convince into writing a letter.
B*stards.
Now, sorry about the rant, I do have climbing/gym revelations to add some time soon. This time with a real shocker = Gritstone tradding!

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.