Wednesday 12 November 2008

Basic?

I've been feeling a little rough since the weekend and today was no different. Nat is away on business again but that's ok as my anti social habit of working really late doesn't really get in the way of anything.
Tonight I headed to the works to check if my general ill feeling was affecting my body badly. I keep re-trying this place, desperately hoping that it will offer something for me whilst still being the best place for Nat to head in the evening. On that line of thinking I was ready to splash out on a 3 month membership, dependant on whether or not the board was going to be of any use.
I'm only ~£6 lighter.
Effort has been made to improve the board however I still felt like bashing my head against the nearest girder. Intermediates, left right and centre, Egyptians and nothing really all that hard. *Sigh*, given these problems are within the usual grade range of the place and aren't as basic as I believe basic should be I can't imagine what the harder problems (to be added soon) will be like. I was very disappointed but again you have to hand it to the guys for actually giving a cr*p.

Here's Malc, heed his words!



I'm glad I have access to Dylans board now and then and an invite to climb with Ned at theirs.
Apart from that I think I really should give the Foundry my business, after all it does make more of an effort to cater towards my wants (probably totally different from my needs).

The evening ended with Stu and I comparing weaknesses on the finger/campus board which was great fun.

5 comments:

Ghostface said...

Wish I had access to any decent board at all at the moment!

I can feel board power sapping by the day.

richdraws@hotmail.com said...

Would I be right thinking that it was you all wrapped up in a coat when I was flailing/failing hopelessly on some of the new problems on the 'training' board. I think I had a paint stained hoodie on?

Paul Bennett said...

That was me, coat, hat, thermal layers and cursing anything Italian after spending over an hour changing a headlight bulb!
Rich - you weren't the monster wearing yellow were you?

richdraws@hotmail.com said...

Thats me, the bloke who looks like he should be an 8b beast but is actually a 7a mini beast?

Paul Bennett said...

I'll make sure I say hi next time you're there, probably in between grumblings.
Mini beast? mate, you're in the wrong sport. FRONT LAT SPREAD!

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.