Thursday 9 October 2008

....more on streng!

Further musings on the test (below) have left me feeling like it wasn't ideal and therefore not wholly representative. In an ideal situation each item would be tested separately therefore without any impact from the previous test however this was not possible and above anything would be dreadfully boring.
It was raised to my attention that the max number of pull ups was a bit low and I know in my head that the minute I began them I could feel the pump from the previous set on the campus rung. Not enough rest.
The fact that my one armers on a rung and a bar are quite different (if I'd rested longer the same would probably be apparent in the normal pulls) again go on to highlight the weakness of my fingers (when to crimped), as doing these exercises I made sure to NOT crimp the rung but to hold it half/open ish.
However, despite not being perfect the test HAS worked. Now I need to not fall victim of the usual syndrome of talking an awful lot about training, buying stuff and then not actually addressing our weaknesses.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.