Wednesday 21 February 2007

The Next Week

The next week passed by fairly uneventfully. It was good to see people that visited Jon, James and Ricky, and was amazing to see the support offered by people via email (an alarming amount of people seem to have been in a similar situation), the climbing community is so diverse that the wealth of information within it, is truly astounding.
After a week sat around watching bad TV and worse films (stay away from the new Rocky film) I got restless and convinced Natalie into driving me to the climbing works. My mobility had increased drastically since the previous week and it was good to get out of the flat and see some different faces.
I bumped into Dobbin and Harris (who seemed very concerned that I was weighting my broken leg so soon). After a good chat about the frame and people with metal left in their face I headed over to the pull up bar and managed a few sets. Its very odd doing pull ups with something hanging off your leg, it really does feel as if something is limpeting to your leg.
Afterwards I sat on the mat and watched the strongest looking bloke fail on some juggy problems repeatedly before taking the plunge from the exact position where I smashed my leg, It was pretty unnerving and I'm surprised more people haven't taken to spotting on the comp wall. Its pretty high.




No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.