Wednesday 21 February 2007

First Steps

Needless to say, at this point in time I wasn't the most comfortable. I was physically unable to lift my own leg without resorting to picking it up (using the newly installed carry handles, what will I do when theyre gone?) and was equipped with a morphine machine. It was at this moment that the physio appeared, yes thats right, one day after the operation and its time to learn how to walk again. With a lot of fuss and help I managed to get from the bed to the chair by the bed, a whopping 1m or so.
A quick and painful hobble around aided by a zimmer frame and I was back in the comfort of my chair. My body didn't agree with the physio and protested about being moved so soon after the operation. Bile.
The physio returend once again the day after with crutches and we began the same procedure again. This time I managed to avoid any bile and managed to make it back to the chair unscathed despite my blood pressure dropping sharply.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.