Thursday 4 March 2010

Double Trouble

Something is troubling me deeply after this evenings session...

Earlier on tonight I found myself too weak to pull through a move and in a dismaying turn of events I shuffled my knees around until I found a position where I could lean out with ease, in a kneebar. Truth be told, I'm actually quite pleased that my technique and footwork has been seemingly dragged into 2010 and now isn't lagging behind quite as much as it previously felt. Its a good job as well as everything else is poor. Indoor climbing is a brutal game and any weaknesses become dreadfully apparent.

Locking between good holds, I'm a hero. Tick-tacking between small holds, I can get by. The instant the options for feet are diminished I'm off. I can't stop swings, I have no contact strength (I merely wave at holds) and raw power is non existent.

Its not the end of the world as I've never struggled to get any of those things back, it just takes a bit of effort. However, usually its one or two things that are lagging not most of them and I know exactly how to pull it back into line. Right now there's so much, finger strength, contact strength, power, core to name but a few. Where do I start? How do I start? WHERE do I start?

On another plus, I enjoyed tonight despite feeling dismayingly weak in the company of Mojo, blay and Variable. I think I'm about ready to get back into it all, maybe just.

On another note I feel I may have made yet another technoshizzle faux pas. I bought a HV40 a little while ago and at the time I was convinced it was the way to go, why on earth didn't I consider the fact that I could upgrade my DSLR for about the same cost and have one device that has the capability to do both after all I never chose to pick the HV up instead of my faithful DSLR. Whoops? I think so. Thankfully the second hand market for HV's is strong so I don't think I'd lose anything financially.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.