Thursday 20 May 2010

Burnt Out

Last weekend we both burnt out (I did quite literally setting my arm on fire at Neds). Getting out every evening possible and putting off chores for another day caught up with us (Nat especially) and we just didn't want to do anything. Except drink, mainly at Neds birthday bash.

Recently we've aquired another van. This one isn't too big nor is it too small. Its juuussst right, a VW Caddy C20 104, BEHOLD:

Volkswagen Caddy C20 (Retouched|) (by travelswithmyt4)

Pretty happy with how the shot turned out, its been a while since I played with my strobist kit and I believe that was the first shot of that nature taken with the 550d (which I love).
The van itself is essentially a Golf GT Tdi with a box on the back. This one packs the appearance pack, the electrics pack, climate control and cruise control. Can you say 'fully loaded'?

Reading Stu's blog I have to say I'm very envious. I've always wanted to try Mandela after being up there on a previously wet day with various equipment that I've never seen before (resembling stirrups), the only rose like moves I'm doing at the minute however is crossing my hands between the two different temperature bowls of water in front of myself. In an act of blind stupidity and to erase the guilty feeling for not climbing at the weekend I went down the works and clearly went mental. Pushing the cod finger far past its comfort zone and I'm now paying the price. Its worse than it ever was and ice isn't doing much to comfort it. I felt strangely strong but I guess thats easy to do swinging around on jugs?

This weekend we're committed to a trip down south (to the almost in-laws). I'm intending to make full use of a non climbing weekend by starting to fit out the rear of the caddy using her Dads extensive tool collection and DIY fetish. The whole point of the van is to allow weekend raids without the need to stay in a tent (which I have to say isn't my bag these days) or finding somewhere else (£££). Its essential that the project doesn't escalate to the point at which I finish with little of the summer remaining.

In another bid to save some cash this year and not having immediate enthusiasm to go back to a specific part of Europe (without a little more time for Nat to improve and get more out of it [her words]), we intend to do a mini UK tour at some point (time of year?). Taking in many of the places and routes at an ammeanable grade that really I ought to have done by now.

Back to switches, carpet, plywood, screws, cabling, steel and glue, lots and lots of spray glue.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.