Thursday 29 April 2010

Motoring with Arm rests

I did indeed manage to get out on Tues evening; to Burbage North. Bannana finger area for warmups (Nat ticked) then straight along to the far end to try Velvet 'hot as hell scrittle' crab, Nicotine Stain, Cleo's arete and then finally Remergence. A nice potter but not much beyond that.

Wed morning I picked up Mr S (as he will be referred to) from Hathersage and hammered the little blue italian North up the M1. We arrived around 11am and turning the corner onto my parents drive my heart was in my mouth. I'm always worried when selling cars that I've got it wrong and maybe oversold somethings quality/condition. I was relieved to see the van glinting in the sun light, bumpers as black as the day it rolled out of the factory. Phew.

God I love that van.

After a coffee Mr S checked the van over. Straight for the engine. Started first turn of the key. Then the bodywork, interior and finally the roof.

He asked me to take him for a spin, naturally I agreed and lept in. Arm rests down, window open just a crack, fallin right back into trip mode. Oh how I love that torquey big engine. It may be a van but its a joy to drive.
By this time I was wearing a large grin with a furrowed brow. Why oh why was I selling the van? Its like taking an old faithful pet to be put down. It just doesn't feel good.
Anyway the sale went through very quickly (sold pretty much for what I paid) and Mr S set off back down to London.
The van is gone and I have to say I'm pretty sad to see it go. I may have cursed it a few times on the trip but I couldn't have asked for more. Hopefully I'll never see it again.
I once owned one of the last Mini Coopers ever to be manufactured. It was fantastic and I would spend hours polishing all of the chrome parts. When I finally came to sell it, it went to someone I knew. He had a modified focus and really I should have known better.
The exhaust developed a small hole so he replaced it with an ugly aftermarket wide bore system. Then, only a matter of months later he part-ex'd it (the stupidity) for a Seat Leon Diesel. FFS, that was a travesty. I never want to see that happen again.
To cheer myself up I spent the rest of the day detailing the Italian. Nat took it to work this morning and didn't notice.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.