Tuesday 9 June 2009

Full steam ahead...

Its full steam ahead in our flat currently as piles of replacement climbing gear appear all over the place. Printed topo's, emails and anything else useful continously spew out of my printer turning our newly converted room into a royal mess.
Nat has been asked (no, made an offer she couldn't refuse) to finish this Friday which just leaves my work and a heap of chores to do before we're clear of everything.
Yesterday evening her crash course in sport climbing had its starting jolt. Team 'hombre' climbed earlier than us but later on James, Nat and I were in the Foundry and it was time for ropes.
It would be a pretty boring blow by blow account but suffice to say it went well with Nat seconding almost everything she was pointed at. She handled the added height of the Troll wall with ease the only thing she seemed to slightly struggle with was remembering to quit.
I was actually quite surprised by my recovery during the session and for a while pondered why I've spent so long chasing power when realistically my body is built for stamina? For my last route of the day I went for something spicy and pink. I fought my way through to the steepness but it was too much for me. Stabbing wildly at a hold I fell into space. Happy that, on the first session on a rope this summer I'm confident to try.
The next step is Nat on the sharp end. I'm concious of rushing her but also concious of time running out. Anybody fancying doing routes over the next few weeks please don't be shy!

2 comments:

bonjoy said...

If you're getting a taste for stam-fest you MUST go to Terradets and/or Rodellar! Of those Rodellar will have more routes for Nat to try, but if you can get to Terradets just for a day or two I'd say go for it.

dobbin said...

i shall certainly be keen for some of this routes action, and will tap you up. Probably monday.

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.