Tuesday 2 December 2008

Life getting in the way?

It may seem like my plan to try and get out as much as possible has failed and I'm falling comfortably back into my training rut. But, I must assure you this is not the case!
Last weekend I went out on Sat with Nat. As this is old news now I'll be brief; we started at the plantation which was cut short by a trip over to Froggat to spot a mate on Renegade. He didn't need it and was packing up as we arrived (ARGH!), Met Richdraws. With about an hour and a half of light remaining I had a tussle with Famous Grouse at BBG West. I lost. It felt like a bit of a wasted day for me at least. Thanks to Andy J, Nat floated up Pebble arĂȘte and was made up. Maybe by the ascent but mainly I believe at how nice everyone is in the 'scene' if I dare call it that. She's never really enjoyed 'sport' etc. but I think the social side of climbing and the fact she now realises that it doesn't just come instantly have helped in this case. Thankfully with no applied pressure from my direction, well apart from the odd rant.
Sunday wasn't good as I remember and the week was a busy one for me. This Friday I was meant to be out with Neddy boy but he screwed up his lecture timings and it left me a bit short on time which again felt like a bit of a waste.
The weekend was spent stranded in Watford with Nat's family instead of the usual Xmas formalities. Although I was a little bored I get on well with her family and her Dad has a lot more time to be sociable now that he is fully retired. Lots of drink was had and I scored brownie points by fixing various electronic devices and turning their DVD player Multi-region.
Now I'm back in Sheffield and I'm starting to get a bit worried about what I want to achieve work wise by Christmas and how little time I have left. Not to mention the fact that I only have one more weekend (this one coming) to enjoy in the Peak before its time for Bleau! Despite that I'm heading out tomorrow with Dave M to meet a team at the plantation before going to Baslow for Dave to do Flatworld RH (I think?).
I've been frequenting the Foundry board when I've had free time and I've just started getting to grips with it in the last two sessions (despite having man flu). Its not perfect but it IS good. Great to see Andy 'hydraulic crimping fingers' Harris at the wall the other night.
I also had the pleasure of meeting Dan V properly this week and being shown their board (although I couldn't climb as Nat had stolen all of my stuff). Thoroughly nice bloke and he didn't seem to take offence to some past comments made about Queens, although TBH I think my comments weren't the offensive ones!

It seems like a lot of people are out in Font over new year, if you're one of them then let me know its been ages since I tried something in a big team. It may even give me the balls to try some highballs. Hotline is on my list already!

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.