Wednesday 13 February 2008

Nothing Much

I haven't really been up to much since my last post, Nat and I are now back in Sheffield and her bruising is subsiding, I'm taking significantly less pain relief which is good. Mon night I popped in to watch the foundry bouldering comp, the rest of the time has been taken up trying to find a decent car to replace Nat's Punto HGT Diesel:
0-60 8.7-9.2 (Never found a figure that seemed to agree with another)
Combined Mpg Quoted at 50 we got 62 over its lifetime average (this peaked at about 78 on a trip to font then Amsterdam)
and now obviously the NCAP rating is a bit of an issue as well.
Current Contenders are the fiat 500 sport, Grande Punto 1.9d Sporting, Pug 207 1.6 HDI Gt 110 and the new Corsa 1.7 cdti




all of which seem to have some manner of compromise compared to her/our last car. Whilst at the Vauxhall garage (after oogling a VXR8) I had a sit in a Corsa VXR (the word understated couldn't apply less!) I bet these are fun if maybe a bit lairy with such a big turbo.

UKB has been a bit slow but I laughed pretty hard when a tongue in cheek post of mine prompted this:

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.