Friday 15 February 2008

Cafe Guru

It's been a while a since I blogged, Nat and I stopped taking pain killers for long enough to enjoy Valentines evening. She had a free hair up thing at a salon across town and she finally got to wear the dress I bought her for Xmas (as we seem to be social recluses).

Here's a piccie as I'm trying to tell her that the taxi is here and she wants a darn pic:
The meal was fantastic as ever, and it really was the perfect setting. Two bottles of wine were consumed far too quickly and we were both slightly worse for wear later on.

Sunday came and we quested off to Birmingham on the train to have a look at what seemed to be an amazing find, a low mileage black version of our shiny little oil burning beast:

(pics taken by me after owning it a week and using every Autoglym product I own on the car in order to get great pictures for when it was time to sell it...)



The example we found was great inside and out but was producing a bad average consumption and seemed to be down on power, further forum based discussion and texts with Mr.Dobbin suggest that this might of been a minor issue but possibly could of indicated a flogged existence. The latter seems likely to me, I mean what other car offers this kind of power for your money (and insurance group 9!), the VRS is the only one really.

We've just had some really great news RE: the crash, the bloke's blood test has come back, I don't know what the units are (mg/L?) but the limit is 80 and his came back at 120 3 hours after the incident so he is screwed. It was also nice to find out that his kid is now fine after having some pretty serious abdominal surgery. Obviously Nat feels very relieved about both those things.

We both went back to work and Uni on Monday. Nat called me at 15:00, her boss had driven her home as she wasn't ready to be back. Today my back feels screwed, I think the same applied to me.

Congrats to Dobbin who seems to have been crushing recently, commiserations to Dave Mason for his dislocation and to Foley for the shortlisting thing that I don't understand. Bad news about the School as well...

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.