Friday 5 November 2010

Weight

Today was one of those days whereby a helpful collection company give you the time slot of 8am to 8pm and I was stuck in. My university license issue hasn't yet gone away and thus I had an unproductive day of the highest order.

Nat returned home (late again after another shocking day on the trains; morning cancellation of service, then return journey 30 mins late and half the carriages == travelling like sardines) exhausted and less than enthused by the Foundry. However, for me, cabin fever had truly set in and we were soon Foundry bound and recieving a soaking of the highest order on the ~5 minute walk.

Having now done a large proprtion of the problems (look at me etc. [actually I think its a fairly easy set]) and then doing most of them again on features I couldn't really work out what to do. I'm still in the stage of upping the intensity at a slow pace and the board and campus board all seemed a bit too much for my notoriously fragile fingers. Instead I had the genius thought of resurecting my weightbelt. Made from Decathlog ankle weights and some cheap webbing it is actually very good but I've never actually used it with intent.

During school time (you see what I did there?), I'd occasionaly add plates to myself, gain assistance (as my feeble legs weren't enough) to the bar and attempt to emulate a level of zippyness that I never truly managed. Other times I'd stick a few plates on and ladder on the moon board (on the system holds of course). A few times I'd attempt a problem Joe le Sauasage style (Basic Knitwear if you want the true tick). Never repeatedly and never with much focus.

Tonight I saw clearly. Problems, problems on features, problems with added weight, problems with added weight on features. Double the amount of problems; Result! Weightbelts seem fairly in vogue right now and what a difference a few Kg's make! Even sitting seemed like a lot of effort. Technique took a serious hit as I fought to keep myself in contact with the bendecrete wall of choice and with every completed problem came a joyous crunch to my knees as I hit the deck with added oomph. Reversing wasn't an option, I'd barely made it up there in the first place. I was having fun, recieving a spanking of my own design.

My better half was not; continually face planting on a problem wasn't (for some reason?) making her night. Towards the end of the session I felt compelled to see if my Gym Boss was still working (the answer is; barely) and took it next door to beneath the beastmaker. Belt in tow, I somehow felt Encores were a great idea. 3 sets of torture to be exact.

Sitting here now (on my tiny netbook, I miss my desktop already), my shoulder blades feel more worked than I can remember.

What a relief to unclip the buckle and drop a few kg's instantly. I bet all the fat bastards out there wish they had a buckle.

But they don't.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.