Tuesday 12 August 2008

Waiting for my hols and weighting my dips.

My supplement stash was replenished courtesy of my friend James who purchased 25kg of unflavoured whey about a year ago. I can only wonder as to what the people in the office were thinking as I confirmed "I'll take a kilo off you", but never mind. The last two weeks have been pretty intense with work, I had to do a number of small simulations that I'd forgotten about as well as a monster one; a time dependant multiphase volume of fluid species model on a 2D CSO. Not exciting but very long winded and trying to get all of the different models to interact was tricky, not to mention time consuming. Each time a new model is enabled a number of additional algorithms are added at each computational stage, therefore a high number of models eats processor power and the run time is hhhuuuggggeee. Get it wrong and start again.
As I write this I'm waiting to see my supervisor having ticked 2 of the 3 boxes she set me to do whilst she was away. The last is only a short report but it's the front end for my transfer report so it must be well written, with a sound plan behind it. I don't have a plan.
Despite not being able to enjoy my weekends due to the amount of work on I told myself that I wouldn't let it get in the way of me doing some things that I enjoy, mainly exercise. The gym has been going well with a few of the weights increasing although not at the same rate I'd previously seen. My chest workout is fine tuned and I really enjoy it. The Gironda dips have been feeling fairly easy as of late which is a miracle compared to the first time I did dips at the foundry 4 years ago, my chest felt like it was about to tear in two, Paul Reeve proceeded to blast out a lot. As nothing should feel 'easy', I decided to add weight to my dips, first session 5kg, still too easy, next 10kg but still not failing and the third 15kg which just about crushes me. On another weight related note Keith and I have a new challenge, I won't go into it further but I'm currently at +12.5kg which I'm sure the man muscle will crush.
I remember writing not so long ago that the day I decided to train legs was the day that I'd really lost interest in climbing, well it's nearing that day. It feels so unbalanced ignoring the lower half of your body, I can't work out a training split that allows me to split out chest, shoulders and back without adding a lower half day (or I guess another rest).
My family popped in for an hour or so yesterday to pick up a few bits and bobs and it left just enough time to go out for lunch which was nice.

Oh james also gave me a film to watch, more of a documentary really

BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER



it's very similar in style to Michael Moore type documentary's but this time it's about steroids.

5 mins to my meeting so I better leave it at that, it's likely this will be my last post before my hols.

No comments:

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.