Thursday 13 March 2008

Well last night I went down to the works. I was having a reasonably good session, doing the grey thing on the curved section of the comp wall, don't know what grade it gets but it was a minor triumph.
After doing that I started looking for easy reds, swiftly found one. 34 i think, opposite the small kids boulder. Long reach to the top of the long volume, match, left foot up onto edge just below the lip of the volume, rock up a long way, turn your right hand, rock some more, right foot to hand....well and then my (left) foot slipped, i pivoted round the hold with two limbs attatched before springing back and landing badly on the leg, my break hurt like hell, Nat was in tears and the group I was climbing with was silent. No damage so I sat down and tried to laugh it off to make Nat feel better. Nat unsurprisingly wanted to leave, so I made myself warm down and tried to chuckle it off some more.
Not good.
I know i've been fairly negative and critical of the works since it opened but the thing i'm least a fan of is the new matting cover they have, I forecast more injury.

1 comment:

Jasper said...

Read that with sweaty palms thinking "Oh God he's crocked himself again". Glad to hear that isn't the case. If it's the grey problem I'm thinking of then I thought about 7A compared to other stuff there. As usual I could be way out though!

Please disregard anything you read on this page. It's all just random thoughts and opinions based on very little. Therefore it's not worth getting upset about. In fact; just don't bother reading it, it'd make life easier for everyone involved.